In April 2018 we traded in our much loved VW Camper at Campersales, West Sussex and took delivery of a Westfalia Amundsen 600D.
The 600 is, I feel, the perfect layout for two people. At under 6m long it can be driven almost anywhere, although the 2.6m height is more restricting than the VW was at under 2m.
- Front seats swivel and form a comfortable diner for 4 – ideal when entertaining.
- Wet Room with enough space for a plus six footer to shower in.
- Good capacity compressor fridge and adequate storage.
- A 1.9m X 1.5m bed that is just a bed, not a seat that becomes a bed.
- Huge storage under the bed.
The conversion is on a Fiat Maxi base with the 2.3L 150 engine that pulls readily although still ‘tight’. On our first trip to Provence we averaged 29mpg – measured brim to brim.