In April 2018 we traded in our much loved VW Camper at Campersales, West Sussex and took delivery of a Westfalia Amundsen 600D.
The 600 is the perfect layout for two people. At under 6m long it can be driven almost anywhere, although the 2.6m height is more restricting than the VW was at under 2m.
- Front seats swivel and form a comfortable diner for 4 – ideal when entertaining.
- Wet Room with enough space for a plus six footer to shower in.
- Good capacity compressor fridge and adequate storage.
- A 1.9m X 1.4m bed that is just a bed, not a seat that becomes a bed.
- Huge storage under the bed.
The conversion is on a Fiat Maxi base with the 2.3L 150 engine that pulls readily although still ‘tight’. On our first trip to Provence we averaged 29mpg – measured brim to brim.